If you use our website, we automatically collect the following information:
Web usage information, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform
- Information about your visit time on page, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs).
When we collect the information about your activity in the ways described above, in most cases this data will be anonymous. We collect and process this data to ensure our site is functioning properly and our customer experience is to the standard that you and we expect. In most situations this data will be anonymised but we collect and process this data to ensure that our site is functioning properly and that our customer experience is to the standard that you and we expect.
Cookies allow a website to recognise a user's device. Cookies in themselves do not identify you, just the computer or device you are using. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like making it easier to use our site during future visits, letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and recognising when you have created a user account and logged in. They also allow us to monitor traffic on our site through Google Analytics and can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
With most Internet browsers, you can erase or block cookies or ask to receive a warning before a cookie is stored. The “Help” function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to please visit the Your Online Choices website which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. Please be aware that restricting cookies may have a negative impact on your experience, however, and it may mean you don’t see some content which may be of interest. It will also mean that you won’t be able to register a user account and login to our site.
The cookies that we use on our site are:
- Related to Google Analytics
- a unique identifier set by the edge cache (find out more here) which allows us to confirm that your system is not behaving in a hostile manner when on a shared IP address
- Drupal session/authorisation cookie (when you create a user account and are logged in)
- Twitter cookies related to the embedded Twitter feed (find out more here)
Updated May 2018.