Rabies surveillance is vital for any rabies control or elimination program and helps to put and maintain the disease on the agenda of public and veterinary health authorities, as well as policy makers.
Surveillance is critical for:
- Understanding disease dynamics;
- Tracking and Monitoring progress;
- Forecasting vaccine requirements;
- Supporting the case for elimination (advocacy, political will, international interest);
- Demonstrating progress and success;
- Gathering evidence for the declaration of freedom.
Learn about the tools that we have developed to make surveillance, data collection, and data reporting easy. All our tools work on the principle of sustainability, with the primary focus on the tools being used by national governments to drive their rabies elimination strategies.
The tools work as supporting tools for governments to use. Thus GARC does not claim or own the rights to any of the data collected using these tools.