Celebrating Community Rabies Champions across the world
The annual World Rabies Day Awards recognize Community Rabies Champions from across the world. This year there were even more opportunities to share the stories of people and organisations to prevent rabies in their communities. Thanks to all the individuals and organisations who shared their amazing work for the 2018 World Rabies Day Awards.
We are delighted to announce this year's Awardees:
- Individual Award: Dr Yoenten Phuentshok, Bhutan
- Individual Award: Ms Debby Ng, Nepal
- Students/student groups Award: Health Through Media Leaders, Philippines
- Students/student groups Award: Tunisia Against Rabies, Tunisia
- ARACON Award: Lanna Dog Welfare, Thailand
- PARACON Award: The Big Fix Uganda, Uganda
- MERACON Award: SFT Le Sanctuaire de la Faune de Tanger, Morocco
- Americas Award: Uvis São Miguel Paulista, Brazil
The shortlisted entries can all be viewed here.
You can also watch a short video of the whole shortlist.
The World Rabies Day Awards are brought to you by MSD Animal Health and the Global Alliance for Rabies Control.