A chance to recognise rabies champions!
The annual World Rabies Day Awards recognises Community Rabies Champions from across the world. The 2020 Awards provide even more opportunities to share the stories of people and organisations to prevent rabies in their communities.
The main aim of the World Rabies Day Awards is to recognise and reward extra-ordinary individuals and people for their efforts towards rabies elimination. The awards focus on giving recognition to those who may not be receiving suitable recognition for their efforts.
No matter how seemingly small your efforts are, you can still stand a chance to win a World Rabies Day Award!
Nominate a colleague or friend, an organisation, or even yourself for the World Rabies Day 2020 Awards.
What are the benefits of a World Rabies Day Award?
- Your work will be promoted to a much wider audience around the world.
- The awards can help you gain recognition and potential support for your work.
Benefits of being nominated
- All nominees will get a downloadable certificate of nomination on request.
Benefits of being shortlisted
- All shortlisted nominees will receive a certificate recognising their contributions.
- They will also benefit from increased global visibility through the online voting process, in which thousands of people will see your or your organisation’s name!
Benefits of being an Awardee
- Awardees will receive an award of USD 1,200 or equivalent in kind to help you continue your excellent efforts towards rabies elimination.
- Awardees will also receive a plaque and certificate, recognising their efforts.
- Individuals from all sectors
- Student groups
We would particularly like to hear about people who are living and working in the community where they are raising awareness about the disease.
PARACON: sub-Saharan African countries
ARACON: South and East Asian countries
MERACON: Middle Eastern, Eastern European, Central Asian and North African countries
Europe/Americas: Central and western Europe, and North and South American countries
The Awards are applicable for local NGOs and governments that have built sustainable community programmes with a focus on rabies prevention.
We recognise the amazing work done by international and national NGOs, academics, and the vaccine sector towards eliminating rabies. However, as the Awards provide a chance for smaller, relatively unknown local champions to share their stories with the rest of the rabies prevention world, this is a great chance to send in a nomination for local partners and other stakeholders.
The World Rabies Day Awards are brought to you by MSD Animal Health and the Global Alliance for Rabies Control.